No doubt that many of our grandparents and parents encouraged us to drink a cup of warm/hot water and honey during the cold winter months. “It’ll warm you up,” they said. It’ll help you feel better,” they said. “It will help heal your sore throat” they said.
It turns out our grandparents and parents were right. Water, remember we’re all 80% water, is vital to us…it’s a necessity. And honey is a natural remedy. Together, honey and water are knockouts.
Here is a list of some of the things honey and water can do for you.
- A cup of warm/hot water with a teaspoon of raw, organic honey will reduce stomach bloating and neutralize gases in your system.
- A teaspoon of raw, organic honey will help boost your immune system with its bacteria killing enzymes, vitamins and minerals.
- A cup of warm/hot water with a teaspoon of honey is a natural detoxification system. If you add a bit of lemon to your cup of water and honey, your urination will increase and you’ll flush out even more toxins.
- Raw, organic honey is a natural anti-oxidant with anti-bacterial properties that, when used directly on your skin, will help clean and keep clear your skin. Simply rub honey onto your water dampened face with circular motions, leave the honey mask on for 30 minutes and then simply wash away the mask with cold water. Used as an exfoliator, rub two parts honey to one part baking soda onto your face just as you did with the honey mask. Leave on your face for 30 minutes and then wash away this natural exfoliator with cold water.
- Lose weight by having a teaspoon of honey every day. Since honey is a natural sweetener, it will satisfy your cravings to eat something sweet such cookies, ice cream, etc. you’ll save up to 64 calories by not eating the cookies, ice cream, whatever.
- Your sore throat will improve if you have a cup of warm/hot water with a teaspoon of raw, organic honey. Honey is a natural remedy for respiratory infections and common coughs.
- Honey will help regulate your blood sugar levels. Since honey is a combination of fructose and glucose and is a natural sweetener, it helps regulate blood sugar levels and is also said to lower cholesterol levels as well.
So, take a tip from your “old world” grandparents and parents…have some warm/hot water with a teaspoon of honey every day.