Real estate agents…remember that kitchens often make or break the deal when buyers comparatively shop for their next homes. Help your sellers sell their homes faster and for higher prices by educating them on the latest kitchen trends.
The annual 2018 Houzz Kitchen Trends Survey offers us insights into consumer preferences for kitchen tech, design and products. As you read these trends, Nino Sitehinava, principal economist of Houzz, points out that consumer tastes vary across urban, suburban and rural areas over time so employ your best sense of place.
Bottom line everywhere, buyers want kitchen spaces that function easily for living, cooking, entertaining, cleaning, and playing.
Smart Cooking – Consumers want Alexa and Google Home plus wireless voice-controlled appliances brought into the kitchen
– Anova Culinary Precision Cooker Wi-Fi
o This is an immersion circulator for sous vide cooking that seals food in plastic for immersion into a hot bath for near perfection cooking.
o The calculator can be controlled from anywhere.
o Templates are exact to within 1/10 degree.
– Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker with Smart Chef Tech More precise than charcoal or gas
725” of cooking space with 4 chrome racks
Fill smoker with wood chips – 7 hours without refill.
– June Intelligent Oven
o Countertop oven with Wi-Fi, camera and AI to enable weighing, cooking and monitoring.
o Great for fish, veggies, meat. Even waffles.
– Perfect Bake Pro
o Baking Scale connected to app that measures all ingredients to perfection.
– Traeger Timberland 1300
o First connected pellet grill.
o Controls temperature, timers, and access to MANY recipes.
o Patented smoke delivery system.
“Less is More”
– Consumers are obsessed with clutter-free everything according to Houzz.
– Clean lines with minimal embellishments are jockeying with Shake-style looks.
– Recessed lighting, rather than pendants, that just disappear into the ceiling.
– Neutral, bright walls, think Dovetail White by Benjamin Moore, with occasional “pops” of black, deep navy, forest green for richer bolder accents
– Clutter-free countertops
Extra Storage Space
– Ingenious storage options
o Revolving corner trays
o Cookie sheet/tray organizers
o Deep drawer organizers
o Swing-out trays/shelves
Easy Recycling – According to Houzz, 67% want pullout waste or recycling baskets.
– Engineered or laminate wood instead of hardwood flooring.
– Engineered quartz instead of granite countertops.