Within one week’s time of each other, both the long standing RealTrends 500 and the two-year-old Swanepoel Mega 1000 brokerage ranking outfits tipped their respective hats to eXp Realty, a virtual, cloud-based brokerage founded just 10 years ago.
The Mega 1000 rankings are determined by US-only sales volume as its one sorting standard. (The real estate consulting and analytics firm, T3Sixty did all data compilation and analytics for Mega 1000.) This year, eXp jumped 17 slots to #6 in Mega 1000 rankings from last year’s ranking of #23. The only companies ahead of eXp were NRT, Home Services of America, Compass, Douglas Elliman Real Estate and Redfin.
If jumping 17 points in the Mega 1000 rankings were not enough, take a look at eXp’s explosive growth within the multi-faceted ranking system of the RealTrends 500 brokerage rankings.
RealTrends 500 Rankings by Closed Transaction Sides
- Home Services of America +5.6% from 2017-2018
- NRT -2.8% from 2017-2018
- Hanna Holdings -8.2% from 2017-2018
- eXp Realty +197.9% from 2017-2018
- Homesmart ` +7.3% from 2017-2018
- Compass +228.6% from 2017-2018
- KW Realty -2.8% from 2017-2018
- Crye-Leske Real Estate Services -8.5% from 2017-2018
- RE/MAX Results -1.6% from 2017-2018
- RealEstate One -6.3% from 2017-2018
Cumulative changes in closed transaction sides showed an increase of +2.7% from 2017-2018.
Clearly, eXp Realty and Compass were the two standouts in this category.
RealTrends 500 Closed Sales Volume
- NRT LLC -1.0% from 2017-2018
- Home Services of America +8.4% from 2017-2018
- Compass +225.1% from 2017-2018
- Douglas Elliman Real Estate +7.6% from 2017-2018
- eXp Realty +231.1% from 2017-2018
- Hanna Holdings -6.5% from 2017-2018
- Alan Pinel Realtors -1.1% from 2017-2018
- Home Smart +16.3% from 2017-2018
- William Raveis Real Estate +11.3% from 2017-2018
- KW Realty, GO Management +1.8% from 2017-2018
Cumulative changes in sales volume from 2017-2018 showed an increase of +8.3%
Again, eXp Realty and Compass were the standouts in this category.
The last category within the RealTrends 500 brokerage rankings is what RealTrends calls its Billionaires Club. To make it into this stratospheric club, brokerages firms are required to sell at least $1B worth of residential real estate during the year.
Here are the top 5 rankings for RealTrends Billionaires Club: Principal Sales Volume
- NRT LLC M. Ryan Gorman $176,431,375,000
- Home Services Ron Peltier $135,904,704,150
- Compass Robert Reffkin $45,544,757,788
- Douglas Elliman Dorothy Herman $28,087,843,427
- eXp Realty Glenn Sanford $19,523,826,266
eXp Realty also ranked #3 in terms of its agent growth from 2017-2018 and #12 in terms of the top holding company category.
Not too shabby on all counts for eXp Realty, right?