You’ve spent your day “tweeting”, “liking”, “following”, and “upvoting” – is it any surprise that you don’t have ANY real estate leads, listings, or sales? Social media has its place in real estate, but when it comes to actually generating new business, nothing beats good ole’ traditional prospecting!
So prospecting is the answer – but for a lot of agents it ends up wasting more time than it does generating results. That’s because you have to do it right to generate lead-flow – and in today’s podcast we’re going to be discussing how to effectively get your lead-generation efforts in shape by applying 20 critical rules to make it work for you!
- Use modern scripts, written for today’s sellers and buyers, for today’s market conditions. (Know your market conditions!)
2. DO leave a short, to the point message if you hit voicemail.
New Free Webinar Shows You The 12 Secrets Of Real Millionaire Agents. Stop Struggling. You Can FINALLY Laugh At Your Money Worries – If You Follow This Simple Plan. Learn How To Generate 100’s of Motivated Leads Without Coming Off As A Pushy Salesperson and Losing Your Soul. Learn Now How To Become One of the 1000s of Agents Making HUGE Money Who Never Thought They Could.
YES, I Want To Attend The FREE Webinar! <——Click To Register
P.S. Free Webinar, Limited Space. Less Than 300 Spots Still Available.
3. Begin every day with follow up calls for 20 minutes on your most-likely-to-set-appointment Lead Follow Up. This will get you in the right mindset for being on the phone and being effective.
4. Best time to call? Saturday Mornings, Weekday evenings, First and Last days of the month, minor holidays, holiday weeks off. Also ANY time you are focused. Don’t be obsessed with ‘the best time’.
5. USE SCRIPTS and commit to never ‘Winging-It’. Internalize and Personalize as you go. Earn while you learn.
6. Have Appointment Obsession versus Contact-itis. The amount of contacts you make matters less than the amount of appointments you make.
7. Who to prospect? Expireds, old expireds, even older expireds. For Sale By Owners, For Rent By Owners, NODs, BPOs you’ve done, Older ‘Assignments’, etc. Builders, Flippers, Developers, COI, PC, JL/JS, Investors, Open House Leads, Networking Contacts, Professional COIs, Probate. Mix it up if you must!
8. Don’t sell with Blah-Blah, sell with powerful, scripted questions that lead to setting an APPOINTMENT. The goal is NOT to razzle-dazzle the prospect or overcome objections. The goal is to pre-qualify the prospect and set an appointment.
9. Call the most motivated ‘spokes’ FIRST during your prospecting sessions.
10. How do I get phone numbers? FSBOs and FRBOs are easy – they advertise. The rest, use TheRedX, LeadSenders, MojoSells, Landvoice, Vulcan7.
11. Doorknock the ones without phone numbers. There’s no ‘do not knock’ list!
12. Have a dedicated prospecting area that includes: A standing desk, a headset, wireless phone, scripts on your wall, goals from your Treasure Map, pictures of things that motivate you and a mirror.
13. Have a prospecting ‘ritual’. Prospect every day at the same time as if it’s a critical appointment (it is!).
14. Practice a Media Free Morning to keep your mind clear.
15. Have accountability partners who are doing more production than you are.
16. Track your results. Your goal should be a 10 to 1 ratio of calls made to appointments set.
17. Do not delegate your prospecting to a virtual assistant, a personal assistant or your buyers agents. Your #1 job as a professional sales person is to SET APPOINTMENTS.
18. Never end the day with leads you haven’t followed up on. Agents who prospect daily always have an abundance of leads. Sift and sort and set appointments.
19. Stop Over-Pre-Qualifying, making stories up about a house or a prospect or a situation. Just pick up the phone and ASK QUESTIONS to find out the ‘real truth’ vs. what you’ve made up in your head.
20. Embrace the fact that this is the fuel for the engine you’re building and keep the tank full at all times. Nothing else matters in your business if your lead generation / prospecting is weak.
Also read: Podcast: Your Urgent Attention Is Required | Housing Crash Ahead? (Part 3), Podcast: How To Overcome Your Fear of Rejection, Podcast: Your 4th Quarter Massive Action Plan | #TFW2020 (Part 3)