Everyone starts the year out with New Year’s Resolutions, goals and dreams. How many actually achieve this? Those who follow a specific PLAN to get there. It’s all about the action. A Goal is a Dream with an Action Plan, a deadline and steps that take you from here to there. What will you DO and HOW will you DO IT to be SURE that 2020 will be your best year ever? Here are the exact steps!
1. Review Last Year.
-review successes – what did you do well, why was that and what has to happen to keep doing this at a high level?
-review challenges – what went wrong? Why? How to fix that?
-Be empowered by the answers versus spending time beating yourself up. Knowing what happened in 2019 both good and bad helps you be more clear about 2020!
New Free Webinar Shows You The 12 Secrets Of Real Millionaire Agents. Stop Struggling. You Can FINALLY Laugh At Your Money Worries – If You Follow This Simple Plan. Learn How To Generate 100’s of Motivated Leads Without Coming Off As A Pushy Salesperson and Losing Your Soul. Learn Now How To Become One of the 1000s of Agents Making HUGE Money Who Never Thought They Could.
YES, I Want To Attend The FREE Webinar! <——Click To Register
P.S. Free Webinar, Limited Space. Less Than 300 Spots Still Available.
2. Set goals for 2020. Be specific.
- SMART (specific, measurable, actionable, realistic, timely).
- Some of your goals will go from 2019 to 2020. This is normal. Big goals take time.
- New goals based on your current reality, changes that occurred last year, etc.
- If you get stuck or have never done ‘real’ goal setting, start with : What do I want more of? What do I want less of?
- Use the 10 Goal Method:
- Take new sheet of paper. Write 2020 goals with your date. Write 10 goals you want to achieve this year as if there are zero limitations.
- Write goals in present tense, as if already achieved. This programs your subconscious.
- I earn x $ by Dec 31 2020, versus I ‘want to’ earn.
- Write in positive tense. “I am a non smoker” versus “I want to quit smoking. “ “I weigh 120lbs” versus “I need to lose 40lbs.”
- Be personal: Write ‘I’ before each goal. ‘I earn $250,000 yearly.’
This inspires your subconscious to get to work.
3. Prioritize a single goal. What’s most important? Do the 24 hour test; if you did it in next 24 hrs, what has most impact? This is your primary goal.
4. Take each goal and give it it’s own page or even legal pad. I’ll do (insert goal) by this date. You’re making each goal measurable, specific, time dependent and posted.
5. HOW will you do it? What’s the first step, the second step, the third?
6. Take the first step. It’s ok if you don’t know step 5… you may not know it until you’ve done steps 1 thru 4. Always take the FIRST step, it’s the one you know right now. The rest will follow.
For example, the process may be something like this:
Dream: ‘I should really talk with my past clients and centers of influence more.’ (That’s just a thought / a dream)
Goal: ‘I talk with my database regularly, using direct contact, email, video, social media and events. I have a specific schedule I follow and systems deployed so this is a real spoke of business!’
Steps: Step 1: Decide on a database / use the one I’ve been paying for, etc. Step 2: Update closing info from the past 5 years for buyers, sellers and people in my sphere. I’ll update 5 people per day until the list is done. This will be by March 31st at the latest. Step 3: Upload database to HappyGrasshopper.com for automated emailing…..and so on.
Dream: I need to lose weight and eat healthier (that’s just a dream).
Goal: I weigh 120 lbs by June 1st, 2020 by going to Orange Theory Fitness 4 days per week and doing their weight loss challenge. I will Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday at 7:30am and not skip any days!
7. ‘Mind storm’ your goals. Write ‘how will I do x goal by Dec 31, 2020? Give 20 answers to this question. How will you actually reach the goal? Think your way to the answer. Maybe #17 is the key…
8. Write your goals on 3 x 5 index cards, using your positive and personal statements, starting with ‘I am’… Review daily.
9. Post everything on white boards, dream boards, 3 x 5 cards, etc. Be visual about your goals and you are a thousand fold more likely to achieve them.
10. Create a basic schedule which reflects your goals so you are consistently chipping away at what’s most important to you. You’ll soon find that the accumulation effect is on your side as you get closer and closer to meeting or achieving what you set out in your plan.
Also read: CoreLogic’s 2020 Crystal Ball Gazing for Housing & Mortgage Lending, Podcast: Mindset Hacks Of The Nation’s Wealthiest Professionals, Podcast: Exclusive Robert Johnson Interview | Ultra-Luxury Real Estate Expert