- Northeast housing markets hold 50% of top-10 fastest moving markets, according to com’s annual ranking
- Rankings based on DOM and number of views from April 1 – June 20 in each of the 20,000 zip codes analyzed by com
Housing markets in the Northeast region of the US hold five of the ten top slots for this year’s hottest, fastest selling zip codes, according to annual rankings by realtor.com’s 2020 Hottest Zip Codes.
Download Your FREE Ultimate Agent Survival Guide Now. This is the exact ‘do this now’ info you need. Learn NOW How to Access All The Bailout Program Cash You Deserve. Including Unemployment and Mortgage Forbearance Plans. To Access the Ultimate Agent Survival Guide Now Text The Word SURVIVAL to 47372. 4 Msgs/Month. Reply STOP to cancel, HELP for help. Msg&data rates may apply. Terms & privacy: slkt.io/JWQt
On average, the hottest, fastest moving zip codes in the country saw houses selling in 18 days, 51 days faster than the rest of the country, and 27 days faster than their respective neighboring metros. Additionally, these top selling, hottest zip codes were viewed on realtor.com’s search site an average of 4.3 times more often than zip codes in the rest of the country and 2.2 times more often than their neighboring metro areas.
All of these hottest, fastest moving zip codes, regardless of the East/West coasts, share a number of common features including
- Access to both downtown amenities and outdoor space
- Relative affordability
- Strong local economy
- Large number of Millennial buyers
Realtor.com’s chief economist Danielle Hale said, As the largest generation in the US history continues to advance toward life milestones – settling down, marriage, parenthood – the need for space and affordable housing outshines the bright lights in expensive urban areas like New York or Los Angeles.”
Here are realtor.com’s hottest, fastest moving zip codes in the US:
- 80911 – Colorado Springs CO – median listing price of $287,000
- 43068 – Reynoldsburg OH – median listing price of $204,000
- 14617 – Rochester NY – median listing price of $162,000
- 02176 – Melrose MA – median listing price of $644,000
- 04106 – South Portland ME – median listing price of $377,000
- 66614 – Topeka KS – median listing price of $184,000
- 03051 – Hudson NH – median listing price of $350,000
- 01602 – Worcester MA – median listing price of $184,000
- 22152 – Springfield VA – median listing price of $553,000
- 27604 – Raleigh NC – median listing price of $273,000
Thanks to realtor.com and Mansion Global.