- COVID- inspired kitchen wish lists and renovation must-haves for 2021
- Owners and buyers alike want freshest trends in appliances, flooring, lighting, etc.
- Here are top 5 trends
Home Depot and Lowe’s had banner years in 2020 due to COVID-inspired renovations. Likewise, the National Association of Home Builders reported an increase of +16.1% in building construction in 2020. Much of those dollars spent to build new single-family homes and renovate existing homes went to realize kitchen dreams.
Are you ready to join EXP REALTY? Choose Tim and Julie Harris as your sponsor! Text Tim directly 512-758-0206.
Here are the top 5 kitchen trends homeowners and homebuyers will likely want in 2021:
- Marble, not granite, countertops
- After years of being center stage in kitchens across America, granite is moving aside to make room for marble.
- According to Home and Gardens, designers are recommending bold, “strongly veined marble” such as Calacatta Gold, Calacatta Viola and Arabescato Corchia.
- Home and Gardens article said, “It’s the time of strongly veined marble, the busier the better for un-miss-able luxury and next level style. If there’s one thing that’s storming the style chars and shaking up interiors, it’s the return of marble.”
- More is better regarding kitchen cabinets
- According to HGTV Canada, wall-to-wall cabinetry will completely take over open shelving
- Move lived-in kitchens are requiring wall-to-wall cabinetry.
Get your free 2021 Fill In The Blank Business Plan Now. Simply TEXT 2021 to 855-685-1045.
- All white kitchens
- ApartmentList predicts all-white kitchens will continue its 2020 resurgence into 2021
- Designer Elizabeth Cooper told ApartmentList, “Some kitchen trends last a long time for a reason…all-white kitchens…(bring) a reassuring and nostalgic feeling to the room that many people consider the heart of the home.”
- Hybrid islands
- 2021 kitchen trends all about increasing functionality and kitchen islands provide additional cooking and seating space
- According to Home & Home, designers are preferring a dining room attachment/spacious table and seating attached to one end
- Wallpaper in the kitchen?
- Country Living says yes
- “If you’re scared about the permanency of wallpaper, try something less, well, permanent…(such as) peel and stick papers in trendy designs that are incredibly easy to install and remove”
On top of these 5 trends, Kitchen and Bath predicted industrial-style lighting, traditional dining tables and cabinet configurations and hardwood flooring would “…fall to the wayside.”
Thanks to InmanNews.
URGENT: 2021 Results Released. New FREE On-Line Web Event Reveals 17 Surprising Secrets Of The Top 100 Millionaire Agents. Get Your FREE Spot For The On-Line Webinar Now. When You Attend This Event You Will Have A Sense Of Relief Knowing You Can FINALLY Laugh At Your Money Worries – If You Follow This Simple Plan. Learn How To Generate 100’s of Motivated Leads Without Coming Off As A Pushy Salesperson and Losing Your Soul. Learn Now How To Become One of the 1000s of Agents Making HUGE Money NOW Who Never Thought They Could.