After weeks of listening to the backlash against Zillow Instant Offers, we figured, if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em! In this multi-part series we’re going to unpack the realities about IO programs and show you all the opportunities you’re missing out on by getting swept up in the drama. If this is where the industry is going, its time for us to step up instead of playing catch up! Why be afraid of Instant Offers when you can build your own IO program yourself? We’ll tell you how you can switch from a complainer to innovator and stay one step ahead of the competition!
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you know that Zillow’s Instant Offers is a wholesale listing program. It’s model is to receive multiple offers from investors, based on the comparative sales and the details of the home. Its no obligation and free.
Over the last two shows we’ve hopefully convinced you that “winter is here” as any Game of Thrones fan would say! Here’s the 8 things we now know that we need to make sure every agent is crystal clear on. Get ready to put aside your ego, fear or complacency and accept these points now:
- IO/ibuyer companies will flourish, whether the market is up or down.
- IO/ibuyer companies will seize market share.
- IO/ibuyer companies will own the buyer leads.
- Zillow will tightly align themselves with all the major ibuyer companies.
- IO/ibuyer companies won’t ‘need’ the MLS.
- The fastest growing segment that the industry is blind to is institutional investors. (Don’t miss the discussion on this point)
- IO/ibuyer is not the same as ‘we buy ugly houses.’
- Buyers agents are going to feel the squeeze quickly and it will be harsh as IO/ibuyer will not automatically pay a co-op.
Your mindset has to be that you are under attack! You must see this for what it is – an all out attack on how business in real estate is done. Listen to todays podcast to hear all the reasons why we believe the above 8 points and then we’ll start telling you how exactly to go about marketing your own Instant Offers program!
Subscribe to our podcast Real Estate Coaching Radio on iTunes and while you’re there, rate our show and let us know what you think!