You want to be seen as the ultimate-information-source agent in all local, regional and national markets, right? With fewer “lookers” and fewer houses on the market during the holidays, now is the perfect time to catch up on your reading and research.
Here are some 20 real estate blogs worth your time AFTER you’ve read all the blog posts, articles, summaries on Harris Coaching. (This list is not in any particular ranking order.)
1. Inman Next – Inman News is good (no cost) but Inman Next has more in-depth coverage. This blog discusses social media devices, email marketing, how-to content, agent tips on SEOs, agent tips and more.
2. Matrix – blog offers quite detailed posts, analyses and perspectives on how the economy impacts real estate.
3. Geek Estate – This is one of the simplest and user friendliest on real estate and technology. It also offers a profile series on the Best, Brightest and Newest agents. It’s definitely a comer.
4. Trulia – Various niche blogs and subjects under one umbrella here…real estate trends, technology, design, industry advice. This site also offers readers calls to action and downloadable information in hopes of turning those readers into clients.
5. Housing Wire – HW ism becoming the know-it-all blog on lending conditions, home loan regulations, mortgage finance and additional economic data and news.
6. Speaking of Real Estate – This blog operates under the umbrella of NAR and features a plethora of reports, surveys, studies, videos, etc.
7. Eye on Housing – Data driven agents love this blog. It offers charts and informational graphics on housing/economic reports as well as information about the home construction business.
8. Housing Views – This is a Standard and Poor’s blog so trust it as a premier source on market knowledge.
9. Movats – This is an out-of-the-box blog that offers readers unusual takes on market information and trends. It will help turn you into a go-to source on what’s happening in the industry and why.
10. Notorious ROB – This is one of the most personal and amusing blogs on real estate. Breathe in the fresh air and vantage points of ROB.
11. EightII – This blog covers the newest and most effective tactics and apps to use.
12. AGBeat – Smooth and user-friendly, this blog offers straightforward content on technology, general business tips and housing market information.
13. 1000Watt – This blog is invaluable for marketing and media advice.
14. Redfin – Analyses of trends, financial information and useful infographics by real estate professionals.
15. RIS Media – This is a stand-out blog with far-reaching tentacles.
16. WAV Group – WAV is a technical consulting firm and the blog represents its professionals well. This outfit offers detailed content, event/calendar/conference information and newsletters.
17. Tech Savvy Agent – This blog is dubbed the “Pulse of Real Estate Technology.”
18. – McKissock – This blog offers referrals to educational resources such as Real Estate Investing 101 and how-to tips for agents.
19. Housing Wire – HW offers “open commentary” in order that many viewpoints and perspectives can be aired and discussed.
20. Zillow – Like it or not, Zillow is the ultimate source for listings and how-tos.