Video is not coming to Internet marketing. No. Internet video is here. Now.
Check out some of these statistics from WordStream, an online advertising company:
- 87% of online marketers use video content
- 85% of the US internet audience watches online videos
- 45% of online viewers watch more than one hour of Facebook or YouTube videos per day
- 33% of ALL online activity is spent watching videos
- According to Forbes, one half billion users watch videos on Facebook every day
- 2019, video traffic will account for 80% of ALL consumer internet traffic
- Facebook accrues more than 8B video views/day, according to MediaKix
- Videos on landing pages can increase conversions up to 80%
- Videos lasting no more than 2 minutes generate the most engagement
- 92% of mobile video users share videos with others.
Obviously, it’s time for you to get comfortable with video. Know that your friends don’t care what you look and sound like even if you do, possibly a little too much. Videos can help you cultivate and deepen friendships with those you may not even know yet. Honesty, authenticity, purpose, commitment, shared values and humor cultivate friendships and deepen friendships…and videos of you talking about your real estate business will shine a golden light on your honesty, authenticity, purpose, commitment, shared values and humor.
Make the plunge to video. Make sure you commit to…
- Being well lit – stand where natural light is facing you.
- Being distraction free.
- Knowing your Wi-Fi is strong or use your call signal.
- Having a purpose for your video.
Here are a few content ideas for your video:
- Open houses – these are great even if the listing isn’t yours – do a walk-through making sure you are on camera at least 60% of the time so the viewer can get to know you and the house. Never give out the address of the listing…make the viewer call you for the address.
- Your insights – offer a quick tip on one topic or tell a quick story about one topic in the housing process.
- Interview an expert – create value with expertise, your own expertise and the expertise in your sphere of influence.
- Teach something – how to get the best out of an open house, how to create a best offer, how to stage a particular room…people love to learn about houses, buying/selling/renovating, etc.
- Talk about the latest market statistics and research.
Most importantly, be memorable on video by being yourself.