Part III of this four-part series focuses on Technology
Rapid Technology Advancements Re-Defining How Brokerages Do Business
Just as knowing all there is to know about how different brokerages “express” themselves with their commissions and payouts or their lead generation and new business protocols, new and veteran agents need to find out all there is to know about their technology decisions.
Technology plays a huge role in every aspect of a brokerage and an agent’s functioning. The investment a firm puts into its technology is a reflection of the brokerage’s culture as well as the brokerage’s expectations of its agents.
Please choose one answer:
1) I am ready to join EXP Realty.
2) I am interested in EXP Realty and need more info.
3) I am not interested in EXP Realty.
* If you answered “#1” congratulations. You are about to join the fastest-growing real estate company in the world. Tim and Julie Harris are inviting you to join them at EXP Realty. Text Tim directly for the next steps: 512-758-0206. (text only please)
* If you answered “#2” please watch the videos and check out the other intel on this site. http://whylibertas.com/harris .
* If you answered ‘#3’ no worries. You will want to check out whylibertas.com/harris so you can at least know what EXP Realty is and why so many agents are moving to EXP.
Types of Tech Options for Brokerages/Agents
Some of the technology agents need to discover in their due diligence about different brokerages include, but are not limited to, information about the following and how they are used in-house:
- Contact relationship management systems (CRMs) that likely include lead generation tools, email marketing, listing promotions, online advertising capabilities, individual listing and agent profile pages, virtual home tour tools and lead nurture campaigns
- Social and digital branding and listing advertising
- Comprehensive, consumer-centric website
- 3-D virtual/digital home touring
- Web-based print marketing solutions
- Digital transaction management
- E-mail marketing accounts
- Back-office solutions for accounting, finance, commission distribution, expense management, hiring, etc.
- Comparative market analysis (CMA) to help determine a home’s value within specific markets – this software may also include integrations with listing presentations, website front-ends, call-to-action options, etc.
- Electronic payment methods
- Online coaching services
- Customized internal productivity & communications tools
- Performance analysis and feedback systems
Tech Innovation Is a Constant
Embrace the reality that real estate tech is always changing, always innovating AND that you as a real estate agent MUST learn how to and adapt to those changes and innovations.
Ask prospective brokers whether or not they involve their agents in their tech needs and decision making. Ask prospective brokers and whether or not they involve their clients in determining ways in which they would choose their brokerage firm to function. (Encouraging ideas and feedback from their clients and agents about technology functionality, needs and preferences is always a good sign.)
It behooves all agents, new and veteran, to learn, understand and use the technology the brokerage has created for itself and/or invested in. Leverage your bio, profile, contact information, listings, blog, webinars, partnerships, community presence, expertise, licensing, whatever it is that makes you valuable to your current and prospective clients with your brokerage’s chosen technology.
An important question for you. 2022 is here…have you completed your 2022 Real Estate Business and Lead Generation Plan? If not, no worries. We have done the hard work for you. Download your 2022 REAL ESTATE TREASURE MAP! Text HARRIS to 47372. It’s that simple and takes 3 seconds. Text HARRIS to 47372 and when you do we will instantly text you back with a link to download. BONUS: For a limited time when you text HARRIS to 47372 you will also receive a Coaching Call!
4 Msgs/Month. Reply STOP to cancel, HELP for help. Msg&data rates may apply. Terms & Privacy: slkt.io/JWQt
If your brokerage you are considering has an outdated website and/or outdated software tools, chances are that brokerage has additional things about it that are outdated such as attitudes, procedures and/or culture. Pay attention.
Thanks to Inman.