Keller Williams, the world’s largest real estate franchise by agent count, unveiled its latest strategy for technology solutions as they apply to real estate transactions for its franchisees at its annual Family Reunion Conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, the week of February 15.
Strategy spokespersons for Keller Williams included Jonathan Berkowitz, chief strategy and product officer, Jon Team, chief innovation officer, and Steve Peter Schmidt, chief technology officer. Team said, “World class technology companies don’t outsource their technology roadmaps. It’s imperative that we control our own destiny…by creating real estate platforms that our agents and our consumers choose to use.”
Berkowitz added to Team’s remarks. “…our goal is to dramatically simplify the technology experience that agents and consumers have with Keller Waller by enabling us to create the world’s simplest, most personalized discovery transaction and ownership experience in residential real estate.”
Under the umbrella of what the company calls the “Keller Cloud,” this integrated “learning and earning” platform is intended to:
- simplify the daily operations of a real estate business including aspects such as lead generation, transaction management, home ownership
- use best practices in KW’s second edition of its Millionaire Real Estate Agent training manual to transform CRM into customer experience solutions
- provide a fully integrated referral process for KW agents to send, receive and track referrals
- integrate KW’s solutions for agents/consumers to research, discover and transact homes
- expand agents’ networks and spheres of influence via smart, automated social media marketing that is tracked and optimized in real time
- enable 24/7 access to KW University’s training materials.
Peter Schmidt concluded the annual reunion conference by saying, “This is technology that is happening with you, not to you. So, get involved.”
Keller Williams overall technology strategy mirrors strategies of other real estate firms throughout the country. Essentially, technology breakthroughs are ubiquitous in every area of business. Those breakthroughs are and will continue to escalate at larger scale and faster pace than non-techies can even imagine. So, real estate agents, get on board because you can bet that every real estate consumer you encounter is or will soon to be on board with technology.