Let’s face it. We are a culture are obsessed with the question, “Do these pants make me look fat?” The reason that the weight loss industry is a multi-billion dollar industry is our obsession with “looking fat” and losing weight. As a professional, the higher your real estate star rises, the more people will recognize you, and its always great if the svelte and smiling face on your business card is the same one that meets the seller at the door!
It’s more than just looking good, though. When you’re carrying around extra body fat, its hard to feel confident about yourself. And confidence is a must if you’re looking to be a top producer in your market.
If you’re serious about losing body fat, take a look at these nine tips. Follow the ones that make the most sense to you and three months from now, you will reveal your fantastic figure to your family, your friends, your clients and yourself! And when you feel great about yourself, prospects will find it easier to feel great about YOU!
- The foremost tip is…do not starve yourself. The key to losing body fat is to eat less calories than the calories you’re burning so experiment a little. Find your “maintenance calories,” the number of calories you need to maintain you current weight, and then reduce those maintenance calories by 500-800 calories a day.
- Cardio workouts, workouts that make you breathe hard and make you sweat, speed up fat burning so start walking, hiking, running, swimming, cycling, whatever is your favorite and do it no more than 30 minutes a day, three times a day. Doing more will make you feel depleted, tired, flat.
- Weight lifting supercharges fat loss. Find a trainer to help you put together a weight lifting program appropriate for your body. But, just like cardio workouts, lift weights no more than 30 minutes a day, three times a week.
- Carbs are YUM delicious but you’ve got to learn to control how much and when you get to eat them. For best fat losing results, eat a few carbs before and after you workout. They’ll burn off faster.
- It takes approximately three months to lose body fat. Be patient. Don’t be drastic.
- Try eating a grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice before you go to bed. Medical studies have concluded that grapefruit consumption boosts your metabolism. Might as well let your body work for you while you’re sleeping.
- Being hungry, not “starving,” is a good thing. Being hungry when you awake and between meals is a good, natural thing because it indicates that your metabolism is speeding up. A faster metabolism burns up body fat faster. Eat a piece of fruit when you’re hungry.
- Make sure you get plenty of sleep. Many fat loss gurus recommend getting 8-10 hours of sleep a night. Why? Because many fat loss processes occur while we’re sleeping.
- Drink coffee, green tea and water to help boost your metabolism and help reduce your body fat.