Haus, an online platform, claims that consumers can buy and sell houses without agents or fees.
Hmmmm…buying and selling a house for free? How does that work?
Haus says that it “empowers” consumers to buy or sell a house “…through a guided process, all online, all without fees.”
“Expert guidance” is available through Haus 24/7 by phone, email, text and chat with local real estate agents who are “ready to answer questions, help with best pricing strategies or help with writing disclosures.” (Didn’t Haus claim no agents?)
Haus offers “risk free selling” and a process that can be cancelled at any time.
- Haus provides access to information and services sellers need to prepare their homes to sell
- Haus helps sellers create their listing, distribute their listing (MLS, various search sites) and market their home.
- Haus helps sellers accept and manage offers and helps facilitate the closing process.
- Haus provides sellers with a custom sale plan that acts as a step-by-step road map that focuses on goals and tasks for each phase of the selling process.
To Dos for Sellers
- Tell Haus about your home and your selling needs.
- Schedule services such as photography, cleaning, etc. directly on Haus platform.
- Create the listing and provide any additional paperwork.
- Choose sites where you’d like your listing to appear, such as MLS, Zillow, Trulia, etc.
- Publish you home on market.
- Hold open houses and manage showing requests.
- Receive and respond to offers.
- Accept the best offer.
To Dos for Buyers
- Visit Haus listing page
- Message the seller to see the home, ask questions, discuss offer terms.
- Create an offer, sign and submit to seller, all online.
- Seller will respond to accept, counter or decline online.
- If working with an agent, the agent can submit the offer to the seller through Haus and then get a reply from the seller directly.
What does “free” mean, according to Haus?
- Entire Haus platform and Haus tools.
- Publishing to MLS, Zillow, Trulia, other brokerage sites.
- Professional photography, for a limited (undefined) time
- For Sale sign
- Online disclosures and paperwork tools
- Offer management system
- Expert advice through a Transaction Coordinator when needed
Are there any “paid” services through Haus?
- House cleaning
- Lock box
- Costs for these paid services can vary based upon size and location of house.
Currently, Haus is operating in California with plans to expand to additional cities and states in the near future.
Haus is a tech platform only, not a legal, brokerage, financial or accounting entity. The platform is designed to help owners sell and buyers buy without an agent and without fees.
Haus uses electronic signatures supported by HelloSign for signing Property Purchase Agreements, Limited Service Listing Agreements and Agency closing agreements. All agreements were drafted by a team of licensed attorneys who specialize in real estate.