Gary Keller, co-founder of Keller Williams and industry icon, took the top spot in this year’s eighth annual, prestigious Swanepoel Power 200 Ranking. Immediately following Keller are Glenn Sanford, founder and CEO of eXp World Holdings and Ryan Schneider, CEO of Realogy.
What Is Swanepoel Power 200 Ranking?
This annual ranking of the top 200 real estate industry leaders was initiated eight years ago by the real estate management and consulting firm T3 Sixty. T3 Sixty named this prestigious award ranking system for its chairman and CEO Stefan Swanepoel.
4 Msgs/Month. Reply STOP to cancel, HELP for help. Msg&data rates may apply. Terms & Privacy: slkt.io/JWQt
In a statement from T3 Sixty, the rankings of the top 200 industry leaders in real estate hope to mirror “…an assessment of who in the industry wields the most power not just by the size of the company, but their connections within the industry, the resources they have to bring to bear on efforts, their track record with extra weight given to the past year and their perceived prospects for the following year.”
Top Five of the 200 Rankings
In a statement from T3 Sixty’s executive editor, Paul Hagey wrote that the Swanepoel Power 200 rankings offer “…a valuable mirror for the industry by identifying the leaders most significantly guiding it.”
- Gary Keller, co-founder of Keller Williams and decades-long industry influencer, most recently pivoted to transition KW into a technology company.
- Glenn Sanford, founder of eXp Realty and CEO of eXp World Holdings, is credited by T3 Sixty for creating “…an innovative business model within the real estate industry that includes a virtual world, a complete lack of brick-and-mortar infrastructure and first-ever stock-based compensation.” T3 Sixty added that eXp “exploded in 2020 and 2021” to the extent that few companies have ever “pulled off.”
Read, this is important…
Question: What is one of the biggest mistakes agents often make?
Answer: Choosing the wrong real estate broker.
Solution: Avoid the pain and frustration of choosing the wrong broker. Tim and Julie Harris are inviting you to partner with them at eXp Realty. If you are ready to join eXp Realty, let’s talk ASAP.
If you are ready to join now: Text: Tim and Julie Harris 512-758-0206. Please text, don’t call: 512-758-0206.
PS If you are getting started on the path to join eXp Realty, learn now why everyone is joining eXpRealty. Check out this site (and videos): WhyLibertas.com
- Ryan Schneider, CEO of Realogy, is credited in a statement by T3 Sixty for “…(taking) the helm of the company in 2018 and is largely responsible for turning the company around from near disaster…in one of the underreported and underappreciated stories in real estate over the past year…”
- Gino Blefari, CEO of HomeServices of America, an own-side brokerage subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, is credited for his leadership in helping the company grab the top spot on the RealTrends 500 List for the third consecutive year.
- Robert Reffkin, CEO of Compass, is credited for his leadership in creating and developing a tech ecosystem as a vision of real estate. Reffkin is also known for pursuing top-performing agents and teams.
Other Swanepoel Recognized Real Estate Leaders to Watch
Rich Barton, Zillow, fell from last year’s top spot holder to #6 this year likely due to the company’s failed experiment with iBuying. However, earlier in 2021, Zillow acquired ShowingTime, one of the biggest stories of last year.
Despite Zillow’s “misstep with iBuying,” Zillow President Susan Daimler made her debut in the Swanepoel rankings this year at #28.
Other “new additions” included Side co-founder and CEO Guy Gal at #47, REX Real Estate CEO Jack Ryan at #75, HomeLight founder and CEO Drew Uher at #85 and Doug Seabolt, CEO of Rocket Homes Real Estate at #100.
Thanks to Inman.