So, you got into real estate to be rich! What if we told you that a real estate career alone wasn’t enough to do the trick? Closing more deals doesn’t automatically equate to lifestyles of the rich and famous. There’s actually a lot more focus, systems and planning required to make riches a reality. Join us for the conclusion of our series on the hard, fast (and sometimes cold) facts about what it takes to journey the path of becoming really rich!
As we talked about yesterday, you first must master the job of consistently earning commission checks in order to actually obtain long term riches. Flush months of cash followed by a streak on no-man’s land is no way to becoming really rich! How do you do this? First and foremost by becoming a masterful listing agent!
If you missed yesterdays show on getting really rich, you can catch up now. Here are the final facts you need to know:
6. You must do what you don’t want to do, when you don’t want to do it, at the highest level. You might have heard us say this a few times before…here’s a bonus tip though: you have to do it consistently.
7. Don’t count on a ‘liquidity event.’ This rarely happens and agents are a classic example of thinking “I’ll save (or pay off debt/pay my taxes) when I get my next big deal…”
8. You don’t get rich from your commissions, but from what you DO with them! What? Hard to believe, but follow the plan we outline and you’ll be making your way towards Easy Street!
9. You will have little support and much frustration on the path. Nobody tells you this and its something we wish we had known 26 years ago!
10. Know that your daily success and perseverance add up to the success you’re looking for. Remember our saying, “It’s too soon to tell?” Internalize this when challenges come.
11. Get into coaching so you’re not alone in this! What are you waiting for? Let us help you!
Subscribe to our Real Estate Coaching Radio podcast on iTunes, and while you’re there please rate our show and let us know what you think!