We have two different sources telling us their choices of the hottest housing markets for the next five years, the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and realtor.com.
Let’s begin with agreed upon reasons these cities are expected to outperform from now – 2025:
- These cities have sufficient inventories of affordable entry-level price points for new and existing residents.
- The median closing price in most of these cities combined is below the national median price of $258,000 while the median asking price in most of these cities combined is $292,000.
- Most all of these cities are driven by strong economies, consistent job growth, and available inventories of for-sale properties.
- Net in-migration, particularly from coastal cities, is expected to continue over the next five years.
- Housing price gains, +4.3% y/y, in most of these cities are outpacing similar sized markets.
- Many of these cities appeal to retirees.
- Many of these cities have evenly balanced age structures among their resident populations.
NAR’s List of Hottest Markets From Now – 2025(in alphabetical order)
Colorado Springs CO
New Free Webinar Shows You The 12 Secrets Of Real Millionaire Agents. Stop Struggling. You Can FINALLY Laugh At Your Money Worries – If You Follow This Simple Plan. Learn How To Generate 100’s of Motivated Leads Without Coming Off As A Pushy Salesperson and Losing Your Soul. Learn Now How To Become One of the 1000s of Agents Making HUGE Money Who Never Thought They Could.
YES, I Want To Attend The FREE Webinar! <——Click To Register
P.S. Free Webinar, Limited Space. Less Than 300 Spots Still Available.
Dallas-Fort Worth TX
Fort Collins CO
Las Vegas NV
Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill NC
Tampa-St. Petersburg FL
NAR’s chief economist, Lawrence Yun, said, “Some markets are clearly positioned for exceptional longer-term performance due to their relative housing affordability combined with solid local economic expansion. Drawing new residents from other states will also further stimulate housing demand in these markets…”
Realtor.com’s List of Hottest Markets from Now – 2025
- Boise ID
- Median home price – $301,500, according to Zillow
- An increase of 12.7% y/y
- McAllen-Edinburg-Mission TX
- Median home price – $449,320, according to com
- A whopping decrease of -260.1% y/y
- Tucson AZ
- Median home price – $226,000, according to com
- Chattanooga TN
- Median home price – $218,000, according to com
- Columbia SC
- Median home price – $143,200, according to Zillow
- Rochester NY
- Median home price – $72,400, according to Zillow
- Colorado Springs CO
- Median home price – $301,800, according to Zillow
- Winston-Salem NC
- Median home price – $152,200, according to Zillow
- Charleston-North Charleston SC
- Median home price – $303,700, according to Zillow
- Memphis TN
- Median home price – $110,000, according to com
Thanks to HousingWire, realtor.com and NAR for source data.