The single-family home market is expected to increase in 2022 despite rising rates.
Entry Level Buyers Seen as Drivers of 2022 Housing Market
Freddie Mac’s latest monthly report forecasts a continuing boom in the 2022 housing market. Sam Khater, chief economist with Freddie Mac, said, “…the combination of a large number of entry-level homebuyers facing a shortage of entry-level inventory of homes for sale should keep the housing market competitive.”
Reminder it’s the New Year. You promised yourself you would become a HARRIS Coaching client. You are done wasting time and want to follow a proven path in 2022. Now, while you are here make the next natural step and join the 1000s of other agents as a HARRIS Real Estate University coaching member. No more waiting or procrastinating. Join now. Here is the quick and simple enrollment.—-> YES, Enroll Me Now In Premier Coaching. I WiLL make 2022 my best year ever!
Purchase Application and Sales Growth Expected in Next Two Years
Freddie is expecting that home purchase mortgage applications will grow from $1.9T in 2021 to $2.1T in 2022 and $2.3T 2023. Demand and home appreciation are the rationale for this prediction.
Home sales are projected to hit 6.9M in 2022 and 7.0M in 2023.
2022 Expected to Bring Moderation in Demand and Price Growth
Because of rising mortgage interest rates, Freddie Mac is anticipating some moderation in housing demand. The current gently rising interest rates are already costing borrowers more than $100 per month on their mortgage payments.
Just this last week the 30-year fixed rate grew to 3.56% from 3.45% the week prior, according to Freddie Mac’s PPMS Mortgage Survey.
Freddie is forecasting that home price growth will fall from 15.9% in 2021 to 6.2% in 2022 along with a further fall in 2023 to just 2.5%.
Please choose one answer:
1) I am ready to join EXP Realty.
2) I am interested in EXP Realty and need more info.
3) I am not interested in EXP Realty.
* If you answered “#1” congratulations. You are about to join the fastest-growing real estate company in the world. Tim and Julie Harris are inviting you to join them at EXP Realty. Text Tim directly for the next steps: 512-758-0206. (text only please)
* If you answered “#2” please watch the videos and check out the other intel on this site. http://whylibertas.com/harris .
* If you answered ‘#3’ no worries. You will want to check out whylibertas.com/harris so you can at least know what EXP Realty is and why so many agents are moving to EXP.
Mortgage Originations Forecast to Dip
Freddie Mac also predicted in its latest monthly report that total originations, including refinances, will likely dip from $4.7T in 2021 to $3.3T in 2022 to $3.1T in 2023.
Khater said, “Refinance activity is anticipated to decrease from $22.7T in 2021 to $1.2T in 2022.
All this while the average 30-year fixed-rate mortgage is forecast to be 3.6% in 2022 and 3.9% in 2023.
Thanks to HousingWire.