The increase in iBuying activity during 2021 was due, according to CoreLogic, to a combination of increased demand for owner-occupied and second homes since the onslaught of the COVID pandemic AND increased demand by investors.
Reciprocal “Arrangement” Among iBuyers and Investors Doubled in 2021
Despite iBuying opportunities being a reality in multiple parts of the country since 2015, both investors and iBuyers alike eye-balled each other during 2021. Investors bought twice as many homes from iBuyers in 2021 as they did in 2019 AND iBuyers resold 22% of their home purchases to investors in 2021, up from 5% of their purchases in 2019, according to CoreLogic.
Please choose one answer:
1) I am ready to join EXP Realty.
2) I am interested in EXP Realty and need more info.
3) I am not interested in EXP Realty.
* If you answered “#1” congratulations. You are about to join the fastest-growing real estate company in the world. Tim and Julie Harris are inviting you to join them at EXP Realty. Text Tim directly for the next steps: 512-758-0206. (text only please)
* If you answered “#2” please watch the videos and check out the other intel on this site. http://whylibertas.com/harris .
* If you answered ‘#3’ no worries. You will want to check out whylibertas.com/harris so you can at least know what EXP Realty is and why so many agents are moving to EXP.
Top Four iBuyers Account for 95% of All iBuying Purchases Since 2017
Opendoor, Zillow, Offerpad and Redfin represent over 95% of all iBuyerpurchases since 2017.
All four of these iBuying companies jacked up their purchasing activity in 2021. Zillow, prior to closing its iBuying operations at the end of 2021, increased its purchases by a whopping +222% during the first three quarters of 2021 compared to 2019.
Opendoor represents the largest share of overall iBuying purchases since 2017. Opendoor’s inventory now accounts for approximately 56% of all iBuyer home purchases. Zillow, while it was still running its iBuying program, ranks second to Opendoor by accounting for about 24% of iBuying inventory. Offerpad about 18% of purchases and Redfin has approximately 2% of iBuying inventory.
Geography of iBuying
States that have been seeing the largest population gains see the largest concentrations of iBuying activity.
The five states that make up 75% of iBuyer purchases since 2017 include the following:
- Texas – 22%
- Arizona – 20%
- Florida – 12%
- Georgia – 13%
- North Carolina – 10%
Recently, the ramped level of iBuying in California has taken over the level in North Carolina.
Ten metros found primarily in these five states account for 76% of iBuyingactivity. These metros include:
- Phoenix AZ – 20% overall with 6% of purchases in Q1, Q2, and Q3 2021
- Atlanta GA – 14% overall with 5% of purchases in 2021
- Dallas TX – 10%
- Charlotte NC – 6%
- Las Vegas NV – 6%
- Houston TX – 5%
- Raleigh NC – 4%
- Orlando FL – 4%
- Tampa – 4%
- San Antonio TX – 3%
Just remember that while iBuying sales transactions represent about 1% of the national home market, 5% to 6% of overall home purchases in places such as Phoenix and Atlanta are iBuying transactions. The impact of these transactions on prices and inventory, particularly since 1-in-5 iBuyer purchase are resold to investors, could be profound.
Are you ready to learn what your DISC personality style is? You know it’s critical that you understand what your natural personality style is. Once you have obtained this knowledge everything in your business and personal life will change for the better. Tim and Julie Harris are making it super simple for you to have this powerful info. Now, text the word YOU to 47372, and when you do you will instantly receive a special exclusive text link. Next, you will complete your own DISC personality test.. the results will be shared with you instantly once you complete the simple and fun test, no strings attached. Simply text the word YOU to 47372 and click the link.
P.S. (Limited time: no charge to take the complete test)
* 4 Msgs/Month. Reply STOP to cancel, HELP for help. Msg&data rates may apply. Terms & Privacy: slkt.io/JWQt
Thanks to CoreLogic.