Mobile, digital, video and messaging are the key focal points of Facebook’s 2019 Real Estate Trends and Insights Report.
Know that today’s home-buying process begins with the consumer making the first move. They do the research, the legwork if you will, by searching for homes online. Their preferred search tool is mobile.
Through their mobile devices, people want and expect
- 24/7 mobile house hunting
- Lots and varied information about homes and communities via web portals and social media where they spend an average of 14 hours/week.
- Personalized content
Take a look at some of these Facebook statistics concerning these headers:
Mobile – Just as we all shop for “stuff” and travel destinations/opportunities, prospective home-buyers browse/shop/research homes with their mobile devices.
- 75% of people in the US use smartphones.
- 53% of people in the US use tablets.
- The average adult spends 1 out of 3 media minutes on a mobile device.
- By 2021, mobile devices are expected to account for 41% of all time spent on digital media.
Digital – More than 55% of total time spent with media is spent with digital media.
– Almost 89% of agent/broker media spend went to online ads in 2019.
– Newspaper ads came in second concerning agent/broker media spend at only 4.8%.
Video – There are 235.1M video viewers in the US today…that amounts to some 83% of all Internet viewers.
- It is expected that digital video spend will reach $58.39B in 2023 via a double-digit percentage growth rate y/y between 2019-2023.
- 86% of home-buying viewers say they use video to learn about specific communities in which they may choose to live.
- Video ads are 2X more likely to create emotional responses than static ads.
- There is a 17% higher conversion rate for static-plus-video campaigns.
Messaging – Consumers want the ability to quickly and easily contact their real estate agent.
- 65% are more confident about contacting their agent through messaging, 55% through emailing, 58% through filing out a form on a website, or 58% through calling.
- 74% expect messaging to enable a better, more personal customer experience via messaging.
- 62% say messaging is the easiest, most convenient way to contact a business or agent.
- 80% of US adults message on a daily basis.
- There has been a 10X increase in person-to-business messaging since 2016.
- There are some 20B messages exchanged between businesses and people on a monthly basis.
- 75% of people would prefer chat-based messaging if they knew they’d get an immediate response.
For more information, best practices and “partners,” go to the below website. And just remember, Facebook is a business…its goal is to sell you some thing(s).
Also read: https://timandjulieharris.com/2019/10/18/tim-harris-this-is-personal.html, https://timandjulieharris.com/2019/10/15/podcast-one-simple-script-to-save-your-q4-revenue.html, https://timandjulieharris.com/2019/10/01/20-us-cities-with-most-negative-net-migration.html