Today is part 3 of 3, DISC Personality Profile real estate training and coaching. Today we drill down on the S and C personality profiles (or styles)
The DISC Model of Behavior was first proposed in 1928 by William Moulton Marston, a physiological psychologist, in his book Emotions of Normal People.
Marston made a deliberate decision to focus only on psychological phenomena that were directly observable and easily measurable.
Based on his research, Marston theorized that the behavioral expression of emotions could be categorized into four primary personality styles, based on the subject’s perceptions of themself in relationship to their environment.
These four types were labeled by Marston as Dominance (D), Inducement (I), Submission (S), and Compliance (C).
These four styles are now commonly referred to as Driver, Influencer or Expressive, Supportive or Amiable and Compliant or Analytical. There are many, many ‘spins’ on this, including tests and books. It’s commonly taught in sales training and business school.
Marston created a model that integrated these four types of emotional expression into a two-dimensional chart. He used the criteria of ‘introvert vs. extravert’ and ‘direct vs. indirect’ to make that chart. We’ll draw that chart together later in the podcast.
Are you ready to learn what your personality style is? You know that understanding what your natural personality style is will have a huge impact on your business and personal life. Tim and Julie Harris are making it super simple for you to have this critical info. Text the word YOU to 47372 and when you do you will instantly receive a special exclusive text link. Next, you will complete your own DISC personality test.. the results will be shared with you instantly once you complete the simple and fun test, no strings attached. Simply text the word YOU to 47372 and click the link.
P.S. (Limited time: no charge to take the complete test)
William Marston was also known by the pen name of Charles Moulton, and also invented the prototype of what would become a lie detector. He wrote a lot about self-help and created the character Wonder Woman.
Keep in mind that psychology is not a ‘hard science’, meaning it is full of abstract concepts, theory, observational analysis, and conjecture. It is not the same as physics, chemistry, or biology which have provable equations and actual laws.
Most importantly, remember that DISC is not a science, it’s a guide. There is no specific personality style that is guaranteed to be successful or not successful in business or in real estate.
Supportive or Amiable Personality Style: Indirect and Extraverted.
– Very family-oriented, involved in schools and community. They’re the ones with the bandaid when you need it.
– Generally very caring and supportive.
– Support roles in business typically but not always.
– Beware of the versatile amiable competition! They are secretly very effective.
You win by:
– Listening, even if their stories are long or seemingly not relevant. It’s important to them or they wouldn’t be telling you.
– Asking questions and listening closely to their answers. They can be very telling about what’s most important to them.
– Giving them lots of time to think about things without risking them losing out. This can be a delicate balance.
– Share your testimonials. Amiable personalities are very likely to actually call or email your testimonials.
– Eat what they offer you, compliment what they made.
– Lots and lots and lots of communication!
– Allow them to get to know you without getting too personal.
You lose by:
– Being impatient or seeming impatient.
– Closing too quickly or too directly.
– Not honoring their hand-holding needs.
– Delegating them to people they don’t know.
– Being too flashy.
– Being annoyed by their kids/pets / collections / amiable stuff
– Dodging their calls. They will always take it personally.
The Communicator or Analytical Personality Style
– Typically engineers, teachers, analysts, musicians, architects, doctors, lawyers.
You win by:
– Facts and data, spreadsheets, proof.
– Logical presentation.
– Detailed Comparative Market Analysis.
– Showing you pay attention to details.
You lose by:
– Being sloppy in your presentation, especially your Market Analysis.
– Making light of their need for facts and stats.
– Being overly emotional or expressive.
– Trying to close emotionally versus factually or logically.
URGENT: Are You Worried About Having A Slower Start To The Year? Don’t Hit The Panic Button, Learn How To Have Massive Success In A Shifting Market. When You Attend This Exclusive Training You Will Learn 17 Surprising Secrets Of The Top 100 $ Millionaire Agents. Claim Your FREE Spot Now. After You Have Attended This Event You Will Experience A Huge Feeling Of Relief Knowing You Will FINALLY Laugh At Your Money Worries – You Will Have Your Own Personalized 2022 Step-By-Step Business And Lead Generation Plan. Learn Now How To Generate 100’s of Motivated Leads for FREE, Without Coming Off As A Pushy Salesperson and Losing Your Soul. You Will Soon Know How To Become One of the 1000s of Agents Making HUGE Money In This Changing Market. Claim your FREE spot now. YES, I Want To Attend The FREE Webinar! <——Click To Register
P.S. Free Webinar, Limited Space. Less Than 300 Spots Still Available.