- Post-COVID home buying trends to see LOTS of changes
- COVID remote working has repurposed many of our “main” rooms as well as nooks and tiny spaces
- Current house may “need” renovation or “home” may “need” to be elsewhere
COVID sent everyone home. And now that we’ve been working, Zooming, schooling, eating all our meals and Netflix-ing at home for weeks now, we know and use every corner of our houses more and better than we’ve ever known and used them.
Download Your FREE Ultimate Agent Survival Guide Now. This is the exact ‘do this now’ info you need. Learn NOW How to Access All The Bailout Program Cash You Deserve. Including Unemployment and Mortgage Forbearance Plans. To Access the Ultimate Agent Survival Guide Now Text The Word SURVIVAL to 31996.
Some homeowners may love and appreciate their houses more than ever. Some may have decided they need to remodel or rearrange or rework their home spaces. And some may have decided they need a different home with different features in a different location altogether.
Here are some possibilities of what people may now want in their home locations, properties, features and/or amenities after living and working and caring for/schooling their children 24/7:
- People may want their own living/storage/outdoor spaces.
- Single-family homes may well win out over multi-family arrangements such as condominiums, town houses, co-ops and apartments
- Having one’s own yard and/or patio may become a prized possession
- Privacy may be the name of the game in housing
- People may want flexible floor plans so they can essentially repurpose spaces to accommodate both functionality and privacy
- Guesthouses or casitas may be treasured so they can be used for “extra” living spaces for family members, remote offices, quarantine zones, art/music/hobby studios, etc.
- Multiple master suites may be in-demand in the event someone in the household becomes sick and needs to be quarantined or someone needs to return from hospitalization or assisted living
- Dedicated “bonus” rooms with their own bathrooms
- “Lux” amenities may become “required”
- Reduced travel may translate into outdoor living areas with outdoor kitchens and bars, gaming lounges, pools and sports courts
- In-home movie theaters and pools may become “hot” in cool/cold-weather places
- Outdoor lifestyle locations may become a trend
- People may choose to invest in their dream “shelter-in-place” escape near a lake or beach or desert or mountain
- People may look for healthy living environments and/or walk-able neighborhoods
- Access to good healthcare may become a priority
- Access to privacy via noncommercial airports and helicopter pads
Agents, keep your eyes and ears open for these possibilities and trends. Begin to build and maximize relationships with builders and agents working in in-demand locations to better serve the clients you currently have as well as the clients who may be referred to you by those builders and “other market” agents. Now is definitely the time.
Thanks to InmanNews’ Cara Ameer.